Micro silica is a highly reactive pozzolan. Micro silica is processed from a natural white silica deposit found in a select region in India. Like silica fume it is a very fine amorphous silica and falls into the micro silica family of products. When added with Portland cement micro silica facilitates high performance concrete by achieving:
In applications requiring long serviceability in harsh environments or where structural performance beyond current limitations are pre- requistites, Microsilica should be specified by the engineer or used by the contractor to economically satisfy the performance requirements. However, it is a well recognized that international standards do not generally cover aggressive chemicals and marine exposure adequately and that standards lag behind state of the art design.
- Very low chloride ion diffusion
- Increased compressive strength
- Reduced water permeability
- Improved sulphate resistance.
- Improved abrasion resistance
- Improved resistance to chemical attack
- Improved stability in geothermal environments
- Reduction in efflorescence
- Micro silica for high strength concrete
- Micro silica for commercial & industrial floors
- Micro silica for Shotcrete
- Micro silica chemical resistant concrete
- Micro silica marine concrete